All changes are by me, cheyan at endersgame dot net (cheyinka), with help from afuna, sophie, and #dreamwidth.
- 2.12.1 changed the way entry URLs are displayed, so instead of http://www.somejournal.com/talkread.bml?journal=someone&itemid=83797769, it's http://someone.somejournal.com/83797769.html.
- 2.12.2 caused it to always send &ver=1 when posting an entry.
- 2.13 caused -lui (list the user's icons), -lfg (list the user's friend groups), and -lc (list communities to which the user has posting access) to work for servers other than livejournal.com. Also, it now sends checkforupdates requests rather than checkfriends requests to Dreamwidth. (Specifically to Dreamwidth, I mean. It'd be awesome if it could figure out which kind of request a server wanted...)
- 2.14 caused -c (checkfriends or checkforupdates) to work for servers other than livejournal.com, and also to provide somewhat more verbose output.
- 2.14.1 reworded that output a little bit.
- 2.15 took out the version checking (since it will always be different from whatever the original server has), caused checkfriends/checkforupdates to put its information in .jlj/checks/ rather than dumping all of it in .jlj/, and began either making sure entries were valid utf-8, or not sending &ver=1.
Here's the diff: http://www.endersgame.net/~cheyan/jljchanges.diff
patch jlj.pl <jljchanges.diff will apply the changes, if, that is, your copy of jlj.pl is an unedited copy of version 2.12! You can get an unedited copy from its creator's site, or you can just get a copy of jlj2.15.tar.gz (which won't need patching) from me.
(back to the index)